I’ve been giving a lot of thought to my five year goals lately. Mainly because I’ve been feeling so inspired by women that “have it all”, and I mean women that have created their own definition of success and live/love it. We are no longer living in a society where you have to follow a strict mold to achieve success and feel successful. Stay At home moms are feeling liberated and creating opportunities to work from home, women are creating and running their own (successful and thriving) corporations, among many other things!
This personal inspiration for me started during finals week, which just so happen to be the same week Lemonade was released. Yes, the two correlate 😉 I was feeling really torn about my major(pre-nursing) and really stressing about my successes as a college student. Then I heard lemonade, during a real time of emotional turmoil. This was Bey, having it all but admitting that it all came with sacrifice and required you to live your own truth whatever that may be.
Then I changed my major to health promotion, and my whole business plan fell into place. I ultimately created an opportunity to do MORE than I was limiting myself to with nursing, in addition to creating a business I could conduct from home. This would give me time to really devote to the home front! Something I really stressed about, I constantly felt torn between a successful career and having a large family where I could be a true presence.
So I’ve compiled a timeline of my five year goals, just to put it out into the galaxy with all the good vibes you guys give. As well as to create accountability for myself, now other people know. There are expectations out there now. My goals include both career goals and family goals, because both are important to me.
So here they are, we’ll start with year 1:
Within a year
1. Expand my DogVacay clientele, by at least 10. (I want clear and easily tracked goals)
2. Build my resume through individual projects. Put together and lead at least two major projects or events.
3. Have baby Robinson number 2!
Within 1.5 years
1. Earn bachelors degree in health promotion concentration in education.
2. Obtain doula and lactation consultant certification.
3. Obtain personal training certification.
Within 2 years
1. Launch birthing business
2. Improve credit score (720)
3. Move to either New Orleans or Atlanta suburbs.
4. Obtain job as either studio/gym/practice manager
Within 3 years
1. Buy first house
2. Have baby Robinson #3
Within 4 years
1. Begin process of adopting baby Robinson #4(which could be very lengthy)
2. Have consistent clientele with birthing business, at least 4 clients per month, and leading regular group exercise classes.
Within 5 years
1. Birthing business successful enough to work full time.
2. Homeschooling all children at home
3. Start small online boutique related to birthing business.
I realize this is all very ambitious, but I’m trying to break each goal down into smaller easy to accomplish steps. This increases my chances of success. And they all lead into another step further down the line. My big goal is to run my own birthing business from home, and being a presence at home so I can homeschool my children. This may be a small scale dream for some of you guys but for me these are things that are most important to me and ways I will feel most fulfilled.